Late fees set to resume July 27; shutoffs set to resume August 11
Late/disconnect fees, shutoffs had been suspended since pandemic began
ARKANSAS CITY, Kan. (July 22, 2020) — The City of Arkansas City will resume charging late fees on utility billing accounts after 5 p.m. July 27 and delinquent accounts will be shut off starting on Aug. 11.
Utility billing accounts that are not paid up to current status by 5 p.m. Aug. 10 will be assessed a $35 disconnect fee and be subject to disconnection starting at 8 a.m. Aug. 11.
These procedures had been suspended since the start of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, but the City of Arkansas City remains committed to providing assistance during this COVID-19 crisis.
To assist customers, the City asks that they please pay their bills as normal and ensure that the monthly balance is paid in full, whenever possible.
If your complete monthly payment is a financial hardship, please try to at least stay as current as you can with your payments to avoid building up a large balance at a future date.
The City is working on a plan for customers still faced with financial challenges due to the pandemic.
“We understand that many people are still facing financial difficulties, especially with pandemic unemployment assistance set to expire soon,” said City Manager Randy Frazer.
“We will continue to try to work with people facing hardship as best we can, but it is imperative that those with the ability to pay their bills continue to do so in a timely manner.”
Customer service and utility billing options
For those residents who wish to pay bills by credit or debit card, the following services are available:
- Visit www.arkcity.org and click on “Online Payments” under the main photo or, in the top navigation bar, hover over “I Want To…” and then “Pay,” then click “Utility Bill.”
- Access the City of Arkansas City’s online utility payment system directly at www.municipalonlinepayments.com/arkansascityks.
- Call 441-4401 or 441-4402 to talk to a customer service specialist and pay by telephone (this option only available during business hours, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday).
For those residents who wish to pay by check, the following services are available:
- Mail payments to City Hall, P.O. Box 778, 118 W. Central Ave., Arkansas City, KS 67005.
- Use the utility dropbox located in the alley east of City Hall to drop off your payment.
- Use the City of Arkansas City dropbox located at the Dillons customer service counter.
For those residents who wish to pay with cash, the following service is available:
- Pay in person at Utility Billing Office in City Hall (first door to the right of the south entrance).