Arkansas City, KS 67005
- Free admission Open every day.
- Visitors' Center - special hours.
- Located only five miles northwest of Arkansas City along the sandy beaches of the Arkansas River, the Chaplin Nature Center combines 230 acres of magnificent woodlands, prairies and streams.
- The Chaplin Nature Center was originally homesteaded by a relative of the late Mrs. C. Stedman (Hazel) Chaplin in 1874. The Center is now owned and operated by the Wichita Audubon Society.
- There are over five miles of walking trails for visitors to trek as they explore the varied environment. The nature trails are open from sunrise to sunset, every day of the year.
- Facilities on site include the 3,300 square foot Visitors Center, Nature Library, Bookstore & Gift Shop, and Multi-Purpose Room.
Naturalist Shawn Silliman conducts seasonal programs to help people gain a better appreciation and understanding of the inter-relationships between all living things.